The National Museum of Scotland

IMG_0085

So I have been going to the National Museum on Chamber street for as long as I remember, from when I was tiny to a teen as a place to wander round for free away from the rain. I was sad to see it close for refurbishment, for what has felt like forever, but it reopened on Friday and I loved being back – I felt at home!

IMG_0088 IMG_0095 IMG_0103 IMG_0108

I was really impressed with the way they have reworked the collections, made the gorgeous building more visitor friendly but keeping it very much like the orignal, there are lots of interactive features (which are actually interesting, unlike some museums American Natural History Museum Im looking at you!) The great thing about the National Museum is that its got such a mix of collections, theres something for everyone, but my favourite part will always be animal kingdom!

IMG_0114

I love the views from the roof terrace, one of my favourite places on a sunny day in Edinburgh!

The National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street , Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment