The Tea Set

maxi_1330594353

Earlier this year I was invited* along to Zen, which is one of my favourite places in Edinburgh. Zen recently won Best Salon of the year at the Professioanl Beauty awards so I was chuffed to be going back! I was off to try “The Tea Set” which is either a 40 minuet massage or a 40 minuet manicure and then afternoon tea round the corner at the wonderful Hotel Du Vin, but more about that soon.

I arrived at the salon and met Emma my therapist for the day. She asked me what kind of massage I’d like (Back and shoulder please) and what scent of oil, I was just for Elemis Musclease, which didn’t have much of a scent, in a good way.

My massage was amazing, it as painful in a good way, I could feel her working on my knots which was just what I needed to de-stress. My back felt so good after, I have a bad horrid nurses back already, so this was amazing… a nightshift later however I wanted another one!

One thing I love about zen is the bed. Its so cosy and so comfy that I could really spend all day and night in there. I think that is one of the things that makes it super luxurious compared to other spa’s I’ve tried.

IMAG0553IMAG0552IMAG0550

After my massage I headed round the corner to Hotel Du Vin, where I cosied up in The Whiskey room, being 2 o'clock on a Wednesday afternoon meant I was alone in here , which was such a treat. I don’t usually drink or like tea but I picked the Darjeeling to have with my afternoon tea, and it was actually really nice. The menu said it was the champagne of teas.. I do have expensive taste.

5820866214_999267e71d_b

The Whiskey Room

When my afternoon tea arrived, I felt really bad because I forgot to say that I can’t eat cheese and don’t like salmon, so I could only eat the ham sarnies, which were delish! I tucked into my scones though and they were really really nice and inspired me to try and make my own, which I did later in the week. Also on my afternoon tea tray was a mini crème brulee, brownies, and mini éclairs. It was delish and felt a bit ridiculous to be sitting on my own pigging out, but also rather nice! I forgot my camera so I'm afraid its phone snaps only!

I had the nicest day and I’d just like to say a big thank you to Zen and Hotel Du Vin for having me along!

IMAG0551

To book call 0131 226 6677

No comments:

Post a Comment